Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree...

Man oh man Christmas is here. Although we haven't done anything exotic like decorating our rooms, Dejong and I have been rocking to Amy Grant's Christmas album for the last week or so. Then the long awaited snow appeared in the night sky over Britania Beach. It was perfect. I absolutely love the way that snow mutes all the usual sounds around you so that you can hear the snowflakes landing on your jacket. I love the feeling of a sore neck after five minutes of running around catching snowflakes in my mouth. I love how snow covers a fairly ugly row of houses to make them seem quaint and homey with smoke curling out of their chimneys to tell you just how warm they are inside. I love how much better Chai tea (with extra cinnamon sprinkled on top) tastes when there is snow outside. Snow must sharpen the senses...

Snow makes me think of Jesus Christ's forgiveness covering up my ugliness.

Driving in snow is a little hairy sometimes but it's also cool... especially at night on the #99 (aka the highway of death). It's all very dark around you but for the brilliant headlights reflecting off the snowflakes in front of you. You feel very much in the palm of God's hand. When it's dark like that is the only time you can actually see the wind. You can see the currents and the gusts as the snow increases in speed and changes directions constantly. It makes you feel quiet.

Here are a couple of pictures I took of Howe Sound in the snow on the way home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home