Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Blood That Never Fails... always thought that was a pretty lame song

One time Jesus told me that in this world I would have trouble, but that I can be comforted even in those times because He has overcome the world! I don't know about you all, but my life has been far from a cake walk. I've tripped and fallen on my face in the filth of this world on so many different occasions and yet there has never once been a time when Jesus Christ did not wash me in his blood and set me back on my feet. But how is it possible to still feel like Christ wants a relationship with me when I disappoint him at every turn? I think that if it was up to me I would eventually forget that this is the case and convince myself that God had given up on me. Luckily God has not left it up to me, in fact God has told me exactly what I need to hear in those situations:
II Samuel 14:14 "But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him."
Psalm 130
3 If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins,
O Lord, who could stand?
4 But with you there is forgiveness;
therefore you are feared...
7 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD,
for with the LORD is unfailing love
and with him is full redemption.
8 He himself will redeem Israel
from all their sins.
I Corinthians 6:11 "Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."
Romans 8:1-2
"1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."
Psalm 103
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

13 As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;

God spoke these words into my life. I needed to share them with you all. Remember always that "the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." By dwelling on God-breathed words we give our lives to him to teach us, rebuke us, correct us and train us to be more like Jesus Christ. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home