Friday, January 06, 2006

Reimer Sushi Palace


So this evening, prompted by a love of the Japanese cuisine, a couple of sushi kit Christmas presents and a sushi recipe book, the Reimer house was transformed into the Reimer Sushi Palace. So after about 3 hours of slow and painful attention to every aesthetic element my parents and I had created quite a diverse menu.
I don't exactly know all of the technical names but I do know what they had in them :)
Here's was the final spread:
California Rolls- crab meat
BC Rolls- bbq'd salmon skin
Nigiri- Jumbo shrimp or Tuna or Salmon
Smoked Salmon rolls
Teriyaki Beef rolls
Salmon Rolls
Seasoned Fish Roe
Some of these rolls are garnished with any of: avacado, cucumber, mayo, wasabi, carrot, toasted sesame seeds and/or fish roe

We somehow managed to pick ups some extra potent wasabi paste which ended in a few moments when I was doubtful I'd be leaving the dinner table. It was all very delicious, though we couldn't eat even half of what we ended up with! After that picture was taken almost all of that was devoured and then we made about the same amount again... I heard sushi doesn't keep very well... so does any one enjoy sushi? C'mon over tonight or tomorrow and help yourself.
Just thought I'd share the experience.

PS. the picture is clear if you click on it... don't know why...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home