Saturday, January 21, 2006

Drip-Drop, Rat-Tat, Thrum, Sploosh... Rain

For those of you outside of our beautiful little oasis of the Lower Mainland, this day marks, according to my count, the approximate 40th day of rain that has blessed our land. I believe that there was one day where it didn't rain in there somewhere so that we have not set any consecutive days of rainfall records, which in a sadistic way is slightly unfortunate.
Today I ran. Today choosing to see the beauty and freshness of the rainfall, I donned some synthetic clothing and ran. It was glorious. I saw the beginnings of spring, green shoots poking out of all the flower beds. I heard the Northern Flicker, the Black Capped Chickadees, the Red Winged Blackbirds, Stellar's Jays and the Spotted Towhees and those are just the ones I could identify. Air that is surrounded with that much water is so very revitalizing and pure. The thought that sits in my mind is how great is our God? Despite the sin that is so prevalent here on our Earth, He has given us a tinted window into his splendor. It seems powerful to me what I have seen of God through his creation but this takes my thoughts to when this window passes away and we stand before the true glory of his splendor. What power shall we see then?
I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by His side. I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when His Face is before me! I can only imagine. Surrounded by God's Glory, what will my heart feel? Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still? Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall? Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all? I can only imagine, when that day comes, and I find myself standing in the Son! I can only imagine, when all I will do, is forever, forever worship You! I can only imagine.
Thanks to "Mercy Me" for that beautiful song. Personally, I think my imagination (as creative as it is) is useless to come up with what I would do in the presence of God. I don't even think my knees would hold me up...

Even in the rain, the Son is shining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home