Thursday, April 27, 2006

So...

I spent this week getting paid to canoe... it seems surreal but true none the less. I work with four people: Peter (my boss; just chalk full of impressive stories), Nataschaa (hope I spelled your name right; super cool girl who's seriously pursuing a spot as one of two Canadians on the Pole to Pole expedition team; http://www.poletopoleleadership.com check it out!), Matt (an aspiring Ice Climber who worked for Canada West Mountain School; www.themountainschool.com), and Luke (also works for EcoMarine Kayak tours and will be volunteering to coach softball in the special olympics this summer!). We paddle together instructing various high school and elementary school groups on Deer Lake, a beautiful little gem nestled into the bustling suburbia of Burnaby.
I have also started playing soccer in the BC Church league. It is definitely good times. We play on Friday and Monday evenings and appreciate lots of supporters :) So far we've won one and tied another but we promise to put on a good show... last game our College and Career pastor got yellow carded for knocking some chippy player on his behind... I was a little embarrassed... my anabaptist worldview took a little hit :)
Anyhow. Lots going on in stewart's world... but I haven't hung out with friends in a long time and I wish I was all the time. Such is life I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home