Sunday, November 12, 2006

An Improvised Weekend

So plans to go to Calgary this weekend went down the toilet due to bad weather forecast both for the Coquahalla and Roger's Pass. It stinks because I only get to see my grandparents once or twice a year but it is probably for the best because I don't think you guys would've appreciated the news that the Reimer family died in a car accident... I wouldn't appreciate that kind of news if I was in your shoes. While we're on the topic, my friend Elena here at school recieved news that one of her good family friends had died today. There is something about raw emotion that snaps you back to reality. We live in a world with much brokenness.
I got an assist in our soccer game on the weekend... as a defender I'm proud of that :) We came back from 0-2 to put it into shoot-outs and for only the 2nd or 3rd time in my life I was a part of the winning side of a shoot-out! I didn't shoot. We were pretty pumped as it was only our third win of a tough season.
After our game I had the pleasure of announcing the men's volleyball game here at school... lots of "Chad Friesen with the huge kill". It was fun and I got paid!
I went to South Abbotsford MB church today. It was awesome. They pick up and drop off CBC students on a church bus! The pastor of the church was (if I'm not mistaken) the pastor who married Joel and Ali this summer. He spoke on prayer and it was good. Very fitting for Canada's IDOP.
Speaking of prayer, I might just go do that.

S-double-rubble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home