Friday, September 09, 2005

Freedom

He said it is easy, just saying ok,
He said it was sweet
I disagreed
He said it was great, strippers all around,
I looked at him in silence
and disagreed
Then I thought of all I'd done
Brief shame, cause I'd agreed
sweet turns rancid
HE said HE loved me, told me HE'd died
HE said HIS blood frees
I readily agreed
HE said I could be HIS friend forever
HE would love and mentor me
I said sweet!
Somewhere along the way I forgot
I must give it all to HIM
That's sweet?
But HE's divine and holding-back sells short
Spirit guided potential
Not cool.
So everyday I'll dedicate to HIM
Friendship, choice, money, time
So free!



This poem was inspired by a conversation with a man around a fire at a birhtday party. Take it as you will.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like it.
it's good stuff.

miss ya stew...

luv, beth

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home